Monday, March 16, 2009

Visiting Stoney and Ali in Kentucky!

This week was our Spring Break, so we decided to take advantage of the opportunity to visit family! Brother-in-law, Stoney, is stationed in Kentucky for only another month or so, and we really wanted to visit them before they moved.
It was a long drive, and a short stay, but was completely worth every bit of it. Sunday afternoon Stoney and Ali took us into Louisville for the day to some of their favorite places. One of them is now my favorite.... Coco's Chocolate Cafe! We had chocolate fondue with strawberries, angel food cake, and rice crispie treats. And then we had the most amazing drink in the world... drinking chocolate. This is like heaven to any woman, I am sure! I just don't know where else you can get chocolate to drink! Just thinking about it makes my mousth water. This is a picture of Selah tasting some of Uncle Stoney's drinking chocolate (his has cayenne pepper in it). She loved it!
Today, Monday, we spent the day in a town on the border of Kentucky and Ohio at the Creation Museum! It was so entertaining and educational, all at the same time. I would recommend anyone go for a visit. I learned so much while there... but God also is challenging me on many things that were revealed to me there. Selah actually loved everything about the museum. They had dinosaurs, a petting zoo, a garden with walking trails, and she was even intrigued by the exhibit! We all enjoyed our time!
This is a picture of us at the front of the exhibit.
I have so much more that I could tell you from our trip, but will just leave you with this final picture of Selah and her new best friend, Daisy!

No comments: