Wednesday, February 18, 2009

So much to tell....

My lovely belly at 22 weeks. I am just now getting around to taking belly pics, not that anything was noticeable until now anyway. I am loving my growing belly, despite the fact that everything else seems to be getting bigger also. A growing belly just means that our little girl is growing as she should be, as if her kicking alone weren't enough proof! This little one is quite active! She moves nearly 24 hours a day, it seems.
This was Valentine's night. We went to the church for a wonderful dinner that the men's ministry planned... the best meal ever! After that we tried to see a movie, but everything except the scary movies were sold out. So we just rented a movie and headed home where we visited with our babysitter for a bit. By the way, I'm not sure how we got so blessed to have the best babysitters in the world... she had brought everything to make cookies with Selah and then they decorated them! Once Selah was off to bed and Christina on her way home, we decided to watch the movie in bed on our laptop (thanks Aunt Liz, we would've been stuck on the couch- uncomfortable!)....

Well, I guess now is as good a time as any to reveal the name of our beautiful baby girl. Drum Roll Please...........

Rinnah Lorraine Portis
Rinnah is hebrew and means a joyful praise.
Lorraine is James (Bubba) mom's name.

It's been quite a struggle with this one, we had some cat fights over it...haha, not really. But we have disagreed, but I finally realized that this little girl has a purpose and a name God gave her. Now I can finally talk to her by name and Selah is even learning it too.

5 comments:

Alison Portis said...

We love it! We're so excited to finally know baby girls name :)
Hope you guys are doing well. Thanks so much for the Valentine...SO cute! Love you guys.

Jennifer said...

I love it! And of course you look just as cute as always!

mattandpj said...

we love this name...what a great name to go with all the wonderful others! can't wait to see you all.
love, matt, pj & girls

emily said...

I love the name! And you look SO CUTE!!!!

Kelli said...

I love the belly and I love the name! It's beautiful. You guys are such wonderful parents, and I can't wait to hug your necks very very soon! :)