Friday, April 17, 2009

Crazy few days!

So a few evenings ago my braxton hicks contractions started getting way too strong, too many, and was having some abnormal pain with them. My doula (love her!!!) came over and gave me some red raspberry to help the contractions stop so I could rest for the night.
I slept pretty good, but as soon as I woke up and did a few things, the contractions started back.
After a few hours of waiting and counting, I called my doctor and they had me go into the hospital for monitoring.
We were there for about 5 hours! There was not much entertainment until this "wonderful" couple came in, and then it was like listening to the Jerry Springer Show. So sad at the same time, since they were bringing a child into the world.
In our 5 hour stint, they ran many tests and were monitoring the contractions the entire time... they took the monitor off Rinnah a few hours after we got there because she was doing so good. All the tests came back normal... there was no chance of pre-term labor in the next 2 weeks, no dilating, cervix was normal, no bladder infection... but the contractions were still coming.
Then they decided to give me terbutaline, a shot to stop contractions. I didn't contract for an hour and a half, then I guess it wore off because they came back.
After all that, they sent me home and said to take it easy and call my doctor in the morning...
I guess they couldn't figure it out!
After talking to my doctor's nurse today, the conclusion is still the same... rest.
So here I am on the couch watching Who Wants to be a Millionaire, eating some quesadillas, and "resting".

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

WOW! Crazy! let me know what happens I will be praying for ya! Monday is my day to get induced!

The Mershawn's said...

Poor girl! Just think of me sitting on my couch while you sit on yours:). I, of course, do not have dr's orders though. Oh well, still sitting!:) Hope you're hanging in there. I'll be praying for you too.

~SHO~ said...

Tiff~
Please email me so that I have your email address.
coachoshields@hotmail.com

In His Grace~
Shanna

PS...Several of the items that I got for FREE at Kroger are on sale again this week!

The Mershawn's said...

Hey girl, heard you're still struggling with early contractions:(. Poor girl! We're praying for you, and hang in there....