Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Year in Review!

Christmas was wonderful! We had a lot of traveling to do, but it was all worth it. We were able to see so many family members that live far off and can't see very often. Selah had a blast playing with cousins.


Micah and Selah playing
Whack-A-Mole!

But, here we are back at home, getting ready to ring in a new year. I can't believe 2008 is already gone. So much has happened this year. There have been many ups and downs, but I give all Glory to God for bringing us over every hump, through His strength.

Here is a short review:
- Yearning for a place to serve in the body, we bagan working with The Deep.
- Lost Papa James suddenly to an aortic aneurism.
- Granny was diagnosed with lung cancer only 2 months later.
- God provided quickly for our mission trip to Mexico.
- Sleah turned 2.
- I was baptized on my birthday, representing my decision to allow God to lead my life.
- God moved mightily in our lives, teaching us to step out and trust Him.
- Found out Baby #2 is on the way.
- Received news that Granny's cancer had spread.
- Learned what standing in faith was all about.
- Car wreck.
- Joy of God's will being done and resting in His hands throughout this whole year!

One of the biggest lessons I've learned this year is that God knows best for me, and if I am just patient He will work things out better than I could've ever planned!

I pray you find peace and joy in the new year!

No comments: